- General Ledger Management
- Payroll Management
- Full function AR and AP
- Daily bank reconciliations
- End of Month processes, closing & preparing BAS
- Assist with monthly management reports
- Assist with annual budgets & monthly forecasts
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist with Grant Acquittal process
- Provide assistance with all statutory compliance
- Ad hoc duties as requested
- Respond to hazard identification and incident reporting promptly, and work proactively at ensuring a safe workplace is provided for employees.
- Minimum Bachelor degree qualifications in Accounting and Finance
- Desirable – Studying towards CA/CPA or Membership of recognised professional body for accountants (CA/CPA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial
- Strong Accounting knowledge
- Have experience and be proficient in MYOB
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel skills
- Process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of working in a not for profit organisation
- Understanding of working in a multicultural workplace
All appointments to the SMRC are subject to the following checks
- Reference checks
- Criminal record check
- Working with Children Check
Your application must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- A written response outlining your responses to the selection criteria
Position description: Assistant Accountant
Applications should be emailed to Recruitment@smrc.org.au, by 12.00pm on 19 June 2018.
Bilingual Home Care/Personal Care workers
Casual, ongoing role
Do you have a Certificate III or higher qualification in Aged Care or Home and Communty Care?
Do you speak any other languages? Certain languages are in high demand.
We are looking for in-home Care Workers qualified in Aged Care to join our Diverse Care team. Diverse Care™ is a social enterprise of Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre.
(1) In-Home Care: we provide bi-lingual workers to assist clients of various community aged care organisations. Our bi-lingual care workers provide personal care, respite and home help. Languages in high demand at present include Greek, Italian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Dari, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Arabic and Cantonese. Suburbs in high demand include Caulfield, Bulleen, Narre Warren, Knoxfield, Ferntree Gully, Bentleigh, Mentone and Box Hill.
(2) Planned Activity Groups: we provide bi-lingual support workers for planned activity groups. Bi-lingual workers in these groups need to have an interest and ability to work in a group setting, in order to provide support to aged care clients. Locations: within City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and Shire of Cardinia.
To qualify for the role you must have the following:
Working rights in Australia.
Victorian driver's licence.
A current police check.
A current Working With Children check.
A comprehensively insured vehicle available for use during working hours.
Certificate III or higher qualified in Aged Care or Home and Community Care.
Availability for shifts assisting elderly people at home.
Please read the Position Description attached: Direct Care Worker
(1) download this Application Form
(2) save it as a Word document
(3) fill in the details and
(4) email the completed form to email@example.com
For further information, please email the Social Enterprise Manager, Bill Collopy, firstname.lastname@example.org