The Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre provides a wide range of services to clients, including individuals, families and diverse communities. In order to serve clients effectively, we need to collect certain information.
We recognise the importance of protecting clients' personal information and we are committed to upholding the individual's right to privacy.
- We only collect the information necessary to provide services
- We only collect information with the client’s consent and by lawful and fair means, and in a reasonable and respectful manner
Use and Disclosure
- Information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it has been collected
- Information will only be made available to a third party with the client's consent
- Information will only be used or disclosed to lessen or prevent threats to the public or an individual's health, safety or welfare
- Information only be used or disclosed if it is required by law
Information will be as accurate, complete and current as possible, and relevant to the service a client receives.
Security and Retention
- Information will be protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification
- Information will not be kept longer than required
- Information will be destroyed or deleted in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines
Access and Correction
Information will be made available to clients to check and to correct if inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.