The Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre (SMRC) has a 26 year history of delivering social support services for migrants and refugees in the Southern Region of Melbourne. SMRC is governed by an elected Board of Directors and is a registered charitable organisation.
SMRC operates from HQ in Dandenong and services offices within the South East. We employ 180 staff including 120 Direct Care Workers and another 150 wonderful volunteers to assist with our programs.
The organisation is a specialist in providing settlement and community support services to culturally and linguistically diverse people throughout the lifespan of a person from when they first arrive to Australia. Our workforce teams are divided into Health and Well-being, Social Participation, Economic Participation, Diverse Care and Corporate Services to ensure a high impact and client centred service.
SMRC also is a highly passionate and inclusive culture that incorporates White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation, Equal Opportunity Employer & Child Safe Organisation.
Joining SMRC will give you the opportunity to enhance your career while using your energy and skills to make a difference in the lives of people living in our community.
We are currently looking for a talented General Manager – Service Delivery to join our highly driven and motivated executive team during an exciting time of growth.
Provide strategic direction and leadership to the Service Delivery team ensuring the best outcome for clients and their families and meeting the strategic and operations objectives of SMRC.
Continuously improve the services being delivered within the aged care, migrant and refugee sectors.
Ensure the best practice service delivery model by providing leadership to the organisation’s service delivery team.
Key Responsibilities include: –
Leadership & Management
Service Design, Delivery, Promotion & Advocacy
Contract management, administration and accountability
Diverse Care TM and new Social Enterprises
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualified Social Worker with membership of AASW (or eligibility) is preferred
- Proven experience in a relevant field of practice to SMRC
- Strong professional supervisory experience of case workers in a particular field of practice (e.g. settlement services, youth, aged, etc.)
- Solid understanding of federal and state funding structures and how to access them
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation covering delivery of aged care and migrant and refugee settlement services
- Knowledge of quality and compliance requirement across all services
- Post-graduate qualification in management/business administration highly desirable
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and business development including government and departmental specialists
All appointments to SMRC are subject to the following checks:
- Reference checks.
- Criminal record check.
- Working with Children Check.
- Eligibility to work in Australia
If this position interests you please apply directly to Janine Galvin on email@example.com providing your cover letter, CV and addressed Key Selection Criteria. Applications Close on 17th July 2019 COB.
If you require further details or a confidential discussion about the position please contact Ramesh Kumar – CEO on phone: 03 9767 1900